emma's confirmation assignments

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Unit 4: assignment 1

As Valentine's Day is soon approaching, I will give the example of a heart. A heart symbolizes love and affection. It represents how people feel towards each other in a positive way. I believe it is a symbol because it represents more than a human organ, it represents love.

When I was in elementary I attended a private Catholic school. I did not truly understand why I was the only student who didn't receive the Eucharist. Many classmates often asked me why I didn't receive the Eucharist with them and for a long time I didn't have an answer. Then I realized it was because I was apart of a different diocese. I wasn't Catholic like them, I was Anglican. It was hard to explain as a child and even now, the differences between the two. But through it all, it made taking the Eucharist at my church more special. I felt how important it was for both diocese, and that made me really appreciate it.

Grace is unearned mercy or favors from God. When we sin and do wrong God forgives us when we are sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home